On 21 August 2010 19:07, Sigrid Carrera <sigrid.carr...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Harold,
>
> 2010/8/21 Harold Fuchs <hwfa.openoff...@googlemail.com>:
> > On 21 August 2010 17:22, Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org
> >wrote:
> >
> >>  Here is the document.... Thanks for testing it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Andrew Pitonyak
> >> My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.odt
> >> My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm
> >> Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
> >> See Also: http://documentation.openoffice.org/HOW_TO/index.html
> >>
> >> I saved the document and opened it. The cursor is to the left of the
> first
> > character on page 1. Curiouser and curiouser. Oh, my OOo (3.1.1 Win XP
> Pro)
> > is EN GB so maybe that has a bearing after all.
>
> as far as I know, this works as intended. Since the original document
> was saved by Andrew, you should see the document from the very start.
> But, when you make a change and safe this, the next time you open the
> same document, your cursor should be at the same position where you
> were last.
>
> Have you tried changing something? Does this work now for you? It
> should not matter, if you have en-US or en-GB of OOo. It should also
> not matter if you have the vanilla or the go-ooo build of
> OpenOffice.org.
>
> Andrew, if you want, you can send your test document to me as well.
>
> Sigrid

Sigrid, when I change the document, put the cursor where Andrew had it and
then re-save the document then, when I re-open it the cursor is not at the
beginning and it is *not* where I left it. Instead the cursor is somewhere
before the place I left it.

This seems to be completely broken. Part of the puzzle is that we don't seem
to know what OOo is designed to do in this situation.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England