-------- Original Message  --------
From: M Henri Day <mhenri...@gmail.com>
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 23:52:07 +0200

> 2010/8/20 Sam <spalazz...@si.rr.com>
>
>> Good day folks,
>>
>> I have recently downloaded openoffice after seeing an artilcle
>> while looking at some stories in Yahoo.
>>
>> I am not very computer literate, not in the technical sense.
>>
>> My main reason for downloading the software was to be able to open
>> some powerpoint files that a friend sends. I have an old version of
>> a suite of products from the makers of wordperfect and cannot open
>> many of Microsoft office products.
>>
>> If you could tell me how to utilize the applications, I would be
>> very appreciative.
>>
>> Thank you, Sam Palazzolo
>>

> Sam, you might find the tutorials available here (
> http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.org/) of help. If not, other list
> members will certainly be able to provide other suggestions....
>
> Henri

The Tutorials for OpenOffice project is in the process of being updated.
However, there are many excellent OpenOffice.org resources listed on the
"Links" page: http://www.tutorialsforopenoffice.org/links.html

You will also find it helpful to read the "Getting Started" and "User"
guides, available for download and on-line viewing from the
"Documentation Project": http://documentation.openoffice.org/

Dave