2010/8/29 yahoo-pier_andreit <pier_andr...@yahoo.it>:

>> I found the solution – WITHOUT a macro and listeners and shit…!
>>
>> I found it in one if the bug reports. It seems to be an undocumented
>> feature.
>>
>> Here's the steps to success, please tell me if this does not work:
>>
>> 1. Create the different styles, named the same as the possible cell
>> contents, I believe it was A, B, C and so on, right?
>> 2. Highlight the cell range that you want to format conditionally.
>> 3. In a cell range, one cell is selected. Make sure to remember which
>> one it is. It has some kind of ”frame”, well you know… Let's say that
>> it is A1 in this case. If it is another cell, then please change the
>> formula below accordingly.
>> 4. Format → Conditional formatting… → Condition 1: Change from ”Cell
>> value is” to ”Formula is”.
>> 5. In the field to the right, enter: IF(A1<>"";STYLE(A1))
>> 6. Leave everything else as it was. Click ”OK”.
>> 7. Now, enter A in one of the cells in that cell range. Style A should
>> now be applied to your cell!
>>
>> Problem's solved! Or is it? At least I think so, in this particular case.
>> As I said, let me know if you still have problems.
>>
>> I tested this without creating any new styles. After all there are a
>> few pre-defined, so I used them. I just input their names into a
>> prepared cell and the corresponding style was immediately applied to
>> that cell. Awesome!
>>

>> Best regards
>>
>> Johnny Rosenberg
>
> Using suse 11.3 ooo from suse (probably gooo) it doesn't work

Oh, sorry for that. Are you sure? I dual boot Ubuntu 10.04 and
OpenSUSE 11.2 (no, not 11.2 yet for me, sorry) so I will do some tests
myself later. I think this feature was included recently, so maybe the
OpenOffice.org in OpenSUSE is too old or something. The pre installed
OpenOffice.org in Ubuntu is also Go-OO, but I uninstalled it and
installed the vanilla OpenOffice.org, because I had some problems with
a cell function in Ubuntu‘s OpenOffice.org. You can always do the
same, if you don't really need the extra features in Go-OO. At least
you have yet another reason for installing the vanilla version now…

I'll be back later when I checked the OpenSUSE 11.2 version of OpenOffice.org.

Best regards

Johnny Rosenberg