2010/8/29 Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>:

>>> I am in OpenSUSE 11.2 right now (restarted my computer since last
>>> message) and my OpenOffice.org version is OOO310m21 (Build 9319) and
>>> it's the Novel version, I suppose that's the same as Go-OO, right?
>>>
>>> Anyway, my solution (OK, it's not really mine…) works on that version,
>>> so you must be doing something wrong. Are you sure you are following
>>> the instructions for 100%? Of course there is a possibility that I
>>> didn't write it correctly. Anyone else who got it to work?
>>>
>>> I can create an example document, that I will test before I send it,
>>> if you like.
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Johnny Rosenberg
>>>

>> Howdy,
>>
>> Just tried the forumla technique above with Ubuntu 10.04 and the gooo
>> 3.2.1 from the 'proposed' repository - not sure when that is going to
>> roll to GA, but soon...anyway works like a charm here.
>>
>> Drew
>
> Sorry for my ignorance, but what is GA…?
>
> So it seems to work on Go-oo anyway, so maybe it works in the OpenSUSE
> 11.3 version of OpenOffice.org after all?
>
> The easiest way (I think) to test, for you who couldn't make it work,
> is probably to follow theses steps:
>
> Open an empty spreadsheet
> Hit F11 so you can see what styles you've got.
> Highlight A1 (just click in it).
> Click Format → Conditional formatting…
> Make sure Condition 1 is checked.
> Change from ”Cell value is” to ”Formula is” for condition 1.
> Enter the following formula in the text field for condition 1:
> IF(A1<>"";STYLE(A1))
> Be sure to get the parentheses right, and the semi colon too.
> Click OK.
>
> Now, enter the name of one of your existing styles (except ”default”…)
> in A1, for example ”Header” or whatever is a valid name in the English
> version (I have the Swedish version, so I can only guess…). The format
> of A1 should now be changed to whatever the text in A1 says. Now type
> ”default” in A1 and you should get the default format.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

Be also sure that you really type A1. If you type it by pointing to
the cell with your mouse, make sure that it's still A1, not $A$1. A1
will also work, but if you copy the cell to another cell, let's say
C8, the formula will still refer to A1, not C8. So remove the $ signs
if necessary.

Regards

Johnny Rosenberg