Sam Swaminath wrote:
Hi,
I have MS Windows XP.  I also had Open Office 2.3.   I saw a popup asking
for updating.  I clicked it and upgraded to Open Office 3.1.  Alas!!!  I am
not able to open up any of my Files&  Documents saved by Open Office 2.3.
Another problem is the new version 3.1 has uninstalled the 2.3 version.
Kindly advise me what to do.
Where did you get that update from? The latest version is 3.2.1 and any v3.x should not remove any 1.x or 2.x installations. It will, however, remove previous 3.x versions. The best place to download OOo is www.openoffice.org. Regardless, any 3.x version should be able to work with documents from any older version. What happens when you try to open the older documents?