On 09/26/2010 03:13 PM, Mike Scott wrote:
> On 26/09/2010 16:43, TomW wrote:
>> On 2010-09-26 09:36, Mike Scott wrote:
>>> A very silly problem here. I've been trying to access the 'circles and
>>> ovals' toolbar - but it doesn't appear on View | Toolbars. It is shown
>>> in the toolbars customise menu though. This with Draw 3.1.1 and 3.2
>>> (on XP)
>>>
>>> According to the menu customize page, View|Toolbars has no submenu,
>>> which seems wrong.
>>>
>>> Ideas please on how to get it back?
>>
>> Mike:
>>
>> Customize Toolbar.
>> Create a new toolbar.
>> Toolbar Content | Add
>> Category | Drawing
>> 'Ellipse'
>> --- _*Note that there are two ellipse choices. The Description will tell
>> you which one to use*_. ----
>>
>> Who knows why they don't just add it to the toolbar list!
>
> Ok, Thanks, that works; doesn't explain why customize 'View |
> Toolbars' shows no sub-menus. However... on to the /real/ problem.
>
> What I want to do is draw a circular arc, subtending an angle of
> exactly 45 degrees at a given centre. There seem to be no controls to
> adjust the angle.
>
> Wrong tool for the job?

What I discovered is that if you draw the circle with an arc, then click
and drag
 the yellow dots, it will change the angle of the arc.
However, there is no way to determine the accuracy of the angle.
Good luck!

Tom

--
 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman
Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD