On 09/27/2010 10:21 AM, Mike Scott wrote:
On 27/09/10 04:23, Bruce Martin wrote:
Dear Mike and all:

There is an add-on to Oo Draw known as CAD00o. This gices you some limited
CAD-Like macros, but they are a bit more awkward to use for a CAD
experienced user than Autocad. But them they are free, not a matter of $5000
or More US$.

I've now tried that. Clunky, clunky! But with the aid of a few guide lines and high magnification, I've made something near enough for now. Thanks for the tip.

It would be nice to see something where the radius and angle of an arc could be defined by keyboard entry, in the way position and rotation can. Mind you, OOo seems not alone in this area - xfig and inkscape have afaics a similar issue; I didn't try any of the $M packages :-}
When precise angles and dimensions were an issue, I used a macro to produce the shapes. Seems silly, I know...

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Book: http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/oome.htm