From: Mike Scott [mailto:m...@scottsonline.org.uk]
Sent: September 26, 2010 15:13
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: [users] drawing arc with defined angle (was Re: [users]
inaccessible toolbar)

On 26/09/2010 16:43, TomW wrote:
> On 2010-09-26 09:36, Mike Scott wrote:
>> A very silly problem here. I've been trying to access the 'circles and
>> ovals' toolbar - but it doesn't appear on View | Toolbars. It is shown
>> in the toolbars customise menu though. This with Draw 3.1.1 and 3.2
>> (on XP)
>>
>> According to the menu customize page, View|Toolbars has no submenu,
>> which seems wrong.
>>
>> Ideas please on how to get it back?
>
> Mike:
>
> Customize Toolbar.
> Create a new toolbar.
> Toolbar Content | Add
> Category | Drawing
> 'Ellipse'
> --- _*Note that there are two ellipse choices. The Description will tell
> you which one to use*_. ----
>
> Who knows why they don't just add it to the toolbar list!

Ok, Thanks, that works; doesn't explain why customize 'View | Toolbars'
shows no sub-menus. However... on to the /real/ problem.

What I want to do is draw a circular arc, subtending an angle of exactly
45 degrees at a given centre. There seem to be no controls to adjust the
angle.

Wrong tool for the job?

--
Mike Scott