Hope someone can help me with what should be very basic (but not for me, right
now).  I did not have this problem with the previous (1.14) OOo version.  I'm
trying to use 2.0 beta.  For a couple months now I've been monitoring this
Forum, but haven't found (or recognized) an answer, so here goes my "case
study":

Having not been able to Save or Send any document  in OOo Writer as a Word.doc,
today I typed a document in OOo Writer, using latest version 1.9/"2.0" beta.  I
saved it as Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP(.doc).  File size is maybe 2kb tops.

1)  When I open it in My Documents, it's a "WordPad" document, not Word.doc
2)  When I try to send it as "document as e-mail" from OOo  I get "0x800CCC"
errors in both Gmail and Earthlink and it refuses to be sent.

Perhaps these are two separate issues, but the inability to convert to a Word
doc and send it is a frustration I didn't have with the earlier version of OO.
And I've checked Earthlink and Gmail SMTP settings with their user forums and
these are correct.

I'm XP, DSL, virus/spam/spyware-protected, etc.  Don't know what else I can
provide in the way of info, so please let me know.

Thanks a million.