To: <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Capitalization

Forget to cc the user.

Peter Kupfer OOo wrote:
Graham Window wrote:

Hi Peter,

How can I give a sample of something that doesn't happen - when I start typing, the first letter remains in lowercase unless I press Shift.

I have the Option for autocorrect ticked for the first letter to be capitalised.

This could be ignored, but as I type one fingered and cannot use my left hand, it is a feature that I depend on.

Sorry to be a pain in the b....

I've looked at the Internet Forums and spoken to others using Openoffice and it appears to be a common occurrence.

Hope you can shed some light on this - however, keep up the good work.

Many thanks,

Graham

Graham --

No need for apologies. When errors occur that are unusual to me, I just like to have a deeper understanding of exactly what happened.

I don't have a whole lot of good suggestions for you. A few questions:

1) In the *Tools > AutoCorrect* area, there are two checkboxes, one labeled /M/ and one labeled /T/. Are they both checked. If yes...

2) Has AutoCorrect ever worked? If No...

3) Is there anything odd about your keyboard, is it wireless? Is there some reason it would be messing things up? If No...

4) I would suggest you uninstall and then reinstall OOo. I don't know what in the world could be wrong.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, let me know if you have any success and if the reinstall, if it comes to that, works.

HTH,

--
Peter Kupfer -- Using OOo since 'OO4 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Want to help? http://www.oooauthors.org