Douglas Hinds wrote:
OO's ability to create pdf files is a valuable asset.

However, the need frequently arises to convert pdf files to a
editable format.

I installed the extension OO offers for doing that but the results
were not adequate.

I no longer use Windows.  Can anyone suggest a Linux Application
(I'm running Mint - a version of Ubuntu) that would allow me to
convert PDF files to a format editable in OO?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

It might help if you had stated what you meant by "the results were not adequate." What type of editing do you want to do? Where does OOo fail to do what you want?

Dan