Den 2010-12-10 21:47:08 skrev Douglas Hinds <douglas.hi...@gmail.com>:

It might help if you had stated what you meant by "the results were not
adequate."

OO writer can now open pdf files, but it opens them in OO Draw and
each and every line is included in it's own text box so the
documents flow is totally lost for the purpose of editing.  The
letterhead didn't appear, either.  And we are describing a pdf
document created in writer and exported to pdf from there.

What type of editing do you want to do?

I want a faithful reproduction of the pdf file in a totally editable
form.

Where does OOo fail to do what you want?

It doesn't do the above.  OO opens pdf files in Draw - that means
it's a graphics rather than a document file.

Perhaps there's a configuration that can change this - which is
the reason for my post today to users at oo.org.

Any ideas?

Douglas Hinds

Well, there are a few PDF editors out there, most of them are crap, but you have to find out for yourself what suits your need best. Someone has already mentioned PDF Editor. You can also edit PDF files in Scribus I think, and maybe even Incscape.

There are also commercial software, one of them is PDF Studio, which I installed on my system. You can use it without paying anything for a short period of time and after that you need to purchase or use a somewhat crippled version…

But not everything is free in life, not even for Linux users some times…

--
Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg