>> Will Acrobat run under WINE?

> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=847

I had installed Adobe CS4 Master Collection under WinXP Pro 32
(which includes Acrobat Pro) on a computer I no longer have.
It was a legal copy so I should be able to download  it again, but

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=12735

shows poor results running ubuntu v. 10.04 (which Mint 9 is based
on.  I expect to upgrade to Mint 10 but am in no hurry and IAC, no
one has indicated better results.

Since I had been using Solid Converter PDF with good results (which
I've haven't been able to get running under Wine) I used it very
little.

Both PDF Edit and PDF Studio do an equally adequate job converting
text to txt files but I haven't had much luck getting the former to
underline or high text while the Commercial App (PDF Studio) does
this very well.  It adds DEMO in big letters across the page but
this will disappear by paying $60 dollars (not cheap - more than
Sold Converter PDF - but cheaper that Acrobat Pro and it's a Linux
program).

I haven't had much luck using GhostScript so at present this seems to be
the solution that comes the closest to providing the functionality I
had under Windows with SC pdf).

(I am still looking at PostScript / PDF convertors for Linux

http://artifex.com/

There is also a possibility that Acrobat Pro would run OK under
VirtualBox or something similar.