At 03:38 19/12/2010 +0000, Mark Knecht wrote:
Brian Barker <b.m.barker <at> btinternet.com> writes:
At 20:11 18/12/2010 +0000, Mark Knecht wrote:
Is it possible to link two Sheets in a Calc spreadsheet to two external CSV files?
[SNIP]
Is there a way to do this?

Yes. Use Insert | Sheet from File..., browse to the .csv file, and tick the Link box in the Insert Sheet dialogue. You'll want two sheets linked to your two data files and a third sheet (probably in front) in which to perform the comparison.

I trust this helps.

I think it does. I'll try it when I get back to that machine tomorrow.

Let me double check one thing. If I use Insert | Sheet from File as you suggest, then is this spreadsheet updated with new data from the file anytime this spreadsheet is opened?

Er, yes.  If not, it wouldn't help with your problem!

When you open the spreadsheet, you will see a dialogue asking if links to other files should be updated. If you wish to perform the update with the spreadsheet open, you can go to File | Reload (after saving any changes to the spreadsheet, of course) - which will stimulate the same dialogue.

Brian Barker