Unsubscribe me. Thank you.

-------Original Message-------

From: Brian Barker
Date: 12/19/2010 9:47:56 AM
To: users@openoffice.org
Subject: Re: [users] Re: Link to External Data *.csv file?

At 03:38 19/12/2010 +0000, Mark Knecht wrote:
>Brian Barker <b.m.barker <at> btinternet.com> writes:
>>At 20:11 18/12/2010 +0000, Mark Knecht wrote:
>>>Is it possible to link two Sheets in a Calc spreadsheet to two
>>>external CSV files?
>>>[SNIP]
>>>Is there a way to do this?
>>
>>Yes.  Use Insert | Sheet from File..., browse to the .csv file, and
>>tick the Link box in the Insert Sheet dialogue.  You'll want two
>>sheets linked to your two data files and a third sheet (probably in
>>front) in which to perform the comparison.
>>
>>I trust this helps.
>
>I think it does. I'll try it when I get back to that machine tomorrow.
>
>Let me double check one thing. If I use Insert | Sheet from File as
>you suggest, then is this spreadsheet updated with new data from the
>file anytime this spreadsheet is opened?

Er, yes.  If not, it wouldn't help with your problem!

When you open the spreadsheet, you will see a dialogue asking if
links to other files should be updated.  If you wish to perform the
update with the spreadsheet open, you can go to File | Reload (after
saving any changes to the spreadsheet, of course) - which will
stimulate the same dialogue.

Brian Barker