webmaster @ krackedpress wrote:

> I do have a wonder about why you are dealing with such a large document
> in one file. I know from experience that is is much easier to deal with
> dividing it up into parts, like chapters or sections of an outline,
> instead of one large document.

Until recently the texts of books accepted for publication were divided
into separate files, one file per chapter. That’s the way publishers
preferred them. More recently this changed (and I was one of those who
pushed for this change!), not only because computers are bigger and
faster but also because a whole range of systematic changes have to made
to a text––eliminate rogue characters, eliminate multiple spaces,
eliminate or modify styles, correct dashes and quotation marks, perform
spelling check, etc.––and it was a pain to do this ten or fifteen times
rather than once. Some such files are many times bigger than 500 kb––and
that’s without illustrations.