On 01/06/11 11:19, Dan Lewis wrote:
<snip>
>      One thing I did not mention. First you need to remove all
> applications of Ubuntu OOo using Synaptic. (openoffice in the Quick
> Search box). Two things to check at the same time: the package name
> contains a reference to OOo, and the Installed version is Ubuntu. All of
> these need to be removed. Some of the installed programs such as
> hunspell or myspell do not have to be removed.
>      Once you have done this, use the script to install OOo. This will
> update any Deb OOo installation from the OOo website including the menu.
>      Specifically, I used this script to update OOo from 2.4.0 to 3.3.0
> RC8. I only changed the name of the folder where the latest installation
> files were located. I have never had any installation problems with the
> menu entries. They always get updated.
>
> Dan
So what you are saying is I need to uninstall/remove OOo before I
install the new version?

I removed the OOo version that is part of the repository [Go-oo] and
removed the .openoffice.org folder after that.  The next thing I did was
installed the OOo 3.2.1 OOO320m18 (Build:9502) version from the OOo web
site.

After that I started to look at what extensions I wanted to reinstall,
for now.

So are you telling me that I will have to go though something the same
when I go from 3.2.1 to 3.3.0.1?