On 2/15/2011 2:50 PM, DOUGLAS BERKOWITZ wrote:
   If someone sends me a power point presentation how can I get to it and view
it
using office.  I don't have power point on my computer.  I can't seem to be able
to get it.
Thanks Doug Berkowitz

[Doug (dmberkowi...@prodigy.net) is not subscribed and probably will not see responses unless directly copied.]

If you download OpenOffice.org (free from www.openoffice.org) and install it, it should be able to read these files and update them if necessary. There are sometimes some formatting or other differences, especially if there are audio effects across different slides. You can also get a free viewer, which does not allow updating the presentation, from the Microsoft website.

To get OOo to open these files when you double-click them, you may have to set the "file association" for your system, and possibly for your e-mail client. This can generally be done by right-clicking on a file and choosing Open With, then browsing to soffice.exe, and choosing the option to always use this program for this file type. Setting the association once for each of the PowerPoint types should then be all it takes. (Note that the MS viewer will override this if you install it later.)