On 2/17/2011 10:32 AM, Hans Eisenhardt wrote:
My question is regarding Microsoft Publisher. I have version 2000 .pub but
cannot open a newer version with it nor with open office. Do you see a
possibility to help?

Hans

As you've discovered, Microsoft intends for you to upgrade whenever they release new versions, and OOo has no read/write capability for pub files. I think you can still download a trial copy of Publisher, then capture the content through cut-and-paste into a document in OOo. Writer and Draw both have capabilities that might satisfy your requirements, depending on what you need to accomplish. A quick Google search also turned up another possible solution, though I have no experience with it:
http://blog.zamzar.com/2008/01/25/convert-ms-publisher-files-pub-files-to-doc-pdf-odt-rtf-and-more/
Note the reference to odt -- that is the format native to Writer.