On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 7:07 PM, jomali <jomali3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at your forum post as a courtesy to you. If you really want help,
> I'd suggest you post the problem itself here rather than asking us users to
> chase it down.
>
> I made an outline document and saved it to html. It worked just fine.
>
> What version of OOO are you using and what operating system?

OpenOffice 2.3.1 on Ubuntu 10.10

more specifically:
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1.1

And here is the full post if you don't want to follow the link:

Outline numbering becomes broken when exporting from an .odt to .html

Here's the original ODT: (note could not paste formatting exactly onto
board, just pay attention to the outline numbering)

Code: Select
all<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>
 Expand
view<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>Collapse
view<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>IV.
What were the following events during the Early Modern Period (1500-1700)?
How did they change society and the world? Who was empowered by these
events? Who was not?
A. Protestant Reformation
1. Reformation (and split) of church practices started by Luther and his 95
theses
2. Empowered people because removal of divine-right of kings

Here's what happens when I export it as html and open it in firefox:

view<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>VI.What
were the following events during the Early Modern Period (1500-1700)? How
did they change society and the world? Who was empowered by these events?
Who was not?
F.A.Protestant Reformation
6.1.1.Reformation (and split) of church practices started by Luther and his
95 theses
6.1.2.Empowered people because removal of divine-right of kings

An easier example is at the beginning:
before:
Code: Select
all<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>
 Expand
view<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>Collapse
view<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>I.
Briefly explain the elements of modern society as laid out in class. Which
event, industrialization or the French Revolution, contributed more to a
modern Europe? Explain why.
A. Modern society allows movement between different classes (social
mobility), means of industry and energy such as coal and oil, and the
ability to work regardless of whether the sun is up. There are also
philosophical aspects to a modern society such as equal rights for all
people/class equality, in addition having a nation state. The more of these
characteristics a society has the modern it can be considered.
B. The french revolution and industrialization both contributed in different
ways. Industrialization caused the development of technology such as coal
that brought society away from dependence on hydrolic sources of energy.
Lighting enabled people to work hours independent of the sun, and the new
jobs and management positions enabled social mobility. Other things the
industrial revolution caused was the exploitation of workers  which was
mitigated by the creation of unions by the workers.
C. The french revolution contributed with regards to the philosophical
aspects of a modern society. It was the first time womens' voices in
politics were actually considered, it spread nationalism and ideas of class
equality all across all of europe to the point that Prince Metternich called
the concert of europe to prevent other revolutions. It's ideas were also
shown to have spread through latin america especially the revolution in
haiti.

After:
view<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39622&p=182157#>I.Briefly
explain the elements of modern society as laid out in class. Which event,
industrialization or the French Revolution, contributed more to a modern
Europe? Explain why.
A.A.Modern society allows movement between different classes (social
mobility), means of industry and energy such as coal and oil, and the
ability to work regardless of whether the sun is up. There are also
philosophical aspects to a modern society such as equal rights for all
people/class equality, in addition having a nation state. The more of these
characteristics a society has the modern it can be considered.
A.B.The french revolution and industrialization both contributed in
different ways. Industrialization caused the development of technology such
as coal that brought society away from dependence on hydrolic sources of
energy. Lighting enabled people to work hours independent of the sun, and
the new jobs and management positions enabled social mobility. Other things
the industrial revolution caused was the exploitation of workers  which was
mitigated by the creation of unions by the workers.
A.C.The french revolution contributed with regards to the philosophical
aspects of a modern society. It was the first time womens' voices in
politics were actually considered, it spread nationalism and ideas of class
equality all across all of europe to the point that Prince Metternich called
the concert of europe to prevent other revolutions. It's ideas were also
shown to have spread through latin america especially the revolution in
haiti.

I have tried changing the export preferences under "HTML compatibility" from
"Safari" to "HTML 3.2", and to "OpenOffice.org writer". No cigar, any idea
why this happens and how it is acting so asinine? The only similar issue I
was able to find was here, and even this isn't really similar:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19834&start=0<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19834&start=0>