Has anybody used this recovery software?    http://www.openofficerecovery.com/openoffice-writer-recovery.html

I have never used it, but found this and some others listed when I did a Yahoo Search for "openoffice writer, file corrupted".  Just a thought.

On 5/12/2011 3:11 AM, Kara Samantha Mcdermott wrote:Alright. My College Thesis has been "corrupted." I am not fooling around here. My college education is at stake, and I am unamused, I have my document, and it is is bringing up the "ASCII" shenanigans. It has been corrupted- alright. I need it to be fixed. My thesis is due, Friday.
I have many people working on fixing it, to no avail. OpenOffice has ruined my college education.
It is corrupted, without fixing. The best that anyone can do is pull up an old, seriously un-revised copy from months ago. I have a few issues.
A. Why did this happen?
B. Why can't I pull up an old copy? I saved hundreds of times, today alone.
C. I will not graduate now, because I will not be able to hand this in.
There is no fixing this. No apology will be good enough.

Kara McDermott