Mike Scott - m...@scottsonline.org.uk wrote:
On 14/05/11 01:27, NoOp wrote:
On 05/12/2011 01:50 PM, RA Brown wrote:
Kara Samantha Mcdermott wrote:
Alright. My College Thesis has been "corrupted." I am not fooling
around
You have already had answers to this on the OOoForum [1].

[1] http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=123234&highlight=

Actually I think the fact that users documents end up as data files with
# pound signs (all hex zeros in the actual file) merits further

Actually, Kara's appears to be full of null characters - 430024 of them
according to wc. So it may or may not be related to the '#' type of issue.

A file full of null characters, when opened by OOo, seems to trigger the ASCII import filter (presumably because it doesn't recognise it as an OpenDocument file) which then displays the characters as '#'s. So reports of files containing lots of '#'s quite possibly are actually files full of zero bytes to those looking with a hex editor.

As to the reason for the file containing nothing but zero bytes in the first place, I've not idea.

Mark.