On 15/05/2011 10:00, Adam wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but as I am under the pump here and can't
work this out. I have noticed that when I add a cross reference a period is
added immediately after this in the document. Can someone please tell me how
can I stop this?

Appreciate the earliest response...

Never having used cross references before, I thought it would be a good idea to see how they work. So I followed the help file instructions for a text cross reference.

For me they work fine - no spurious dots or anything. That's OOo 3.1.1/XP. Perhaps it might be worth your doing likewise on a dummy document to see if anything's different. Might give a clue.

Otherwise I think you'll need to give more information - /exactly/ how are you creating the fields, and /exactly/ what appears on screen (eg, a reference appears as a field, which has a grey background - is the dot part of this?) before you'll get help. Oh, and the OS/version; you never know. And maybe post a short example.

Sorry no actual solution!

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England