Hi!

Running OpenOffice.org 2.3 (don't ask me to upgrade - same Problem with
3.2) on a X11 terminal server client for about 40 users on my site. Worked
without problems for years, beginning with StarOffice and over several
updates.

Since last week of april all users here report the same problem: OOo stops
to updates it's windows - it's possible to save all work by typing Ctrl-S
in all open windows and then type Ctrl-Q. The progress bar is visible in a
completely garbled window (remains of other windows, background etc.)
After starting OOo new the problem has vanished.

This happens - depending on usage - several times a day and is really
annoying. I found no method to trigger the problem so far - there seems to
be no rule: The problem may not show up the whole day or short after
starting OOo, with one or several OOo windows, on intel and nv X11 driver,
on eeeBox and Fujitsu hardware.

This is only on this site - I've got 10 more installations without
problems.

I tried already:
- change the terminal client hardware
- disable all acceleration in client
- remove .Xauthority and .ICEauthority in user dirs
- use newer OOo
- reboot terminal server

Please point me in the right direction what logs to provide, whom to ask or
what to try else - I'm getting desperate!

Last notice: There is no MS Windows or MacOS involved - this is a pure
Linux site. The terminals connect via xdcmp/X11.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
--
Klaus Muth
HAGOS eG                   Industriestr. 62     fon:   (+49) 711 78805-7086

HAGOS Verbund deutscher Kachelofen- und Luftheizungsbauerbetriebe eG
Sitz:                      Stuttgart
Rechtsform:                Genossenschaft
Registergericht:           Stuttgart GnR 77
Vorstände:                 Guido Eichel, Ralf Tigges
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Thomas Müller
USt.-ID-Nr.:               DE 147799748