favor descadastra-me da sua lista de e-mails

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Scott" <m...@scottsonline.org.uk>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:41 AM
Subject: [Spam] [users] Re: User related mailing list

On 24/08/2011 21:04, RA Brown wrote:
Jim Parkhurst wrote:
I rely on the questions posted and the responses provided. Maybe not
"heavily" but as a resource to answer questions I may have (or had).
Some questions are out of my scope. But the information provided is
valuable to me and to those whom I support.

Jim Parkhurst

Hi Jim,

This is the type of information that is needed. Would using a forum work
as well? If not why?

I'm another with a dislike of web fora.

They've always seemed much harder to use - whether to get a query submitted, or a response or to search archives. And you lose serendipity - with a mail list, you see a stream of questions/answers with the regular email and can leap in (if appropriate!), and fork a thread if necessary; with a forum, you have to make a special effort to look. And Effort is the watchword.

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England