RA Brown wrote:
Jim Parkhurst wrote:
Is this not a forum? A "forum" (ok, so I'm going back to the BBS
"Echolist" days) is where people with questions would post these
queries to the appropriate echolist (those who posted to te wrong echo
would be interestingly chastised). Persons on the echo having
experience with the problem posed could (would) respond. For the most
part, I "lurk" as the Q&A can sometimes be, um, interesting...

Hi Jim,

Remember those days well, Fidonet. Mailing list are like the old
echolist from BBS days. A forum is an online messaging system. The
messages are stored in a database so that they can be searched and
retrieved quickly. An example is the "Official" OOo forum at [1] and the
"unofficial" OOo forum at [2]. To post a question or answer you have to
register with the forum. Anyone can read and search the database for
prior problems, the suggested way of doing things, without registering.

Andy

Forgot the links, sorry.

[1] http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/

[2] http://www.oooforum.org/