On 9/1/2011 9:26 PM, RA Brown wrote:
David B Teague sr wrote:
On 9/1/2011 8:43 PM, RA Brown wrote:
. wrote:
How can I configure Oo Writer to make automatic backups on the current
document I'm working on?

< clipped original post >

If you know the answer, please answer his question in addition to this
VERY wise advice. Making your own is a damn site safer. If I knew how,
I'd say how here.

Having an automated backup cannot hurt /unless/ it keeps you from making
your own, frequent manual backup.

--David Teague

First, Tools> Options> Load/Save> General, check the Always create backup copy.

Second, look at Tools> Options> OpenOffice.org> Paths, to see where they are stored.

Third, Good luck.

HTH
Andy
Many thanks. I used to know this, but found it to be annoying as heck because at the time it made copies in the directory where I stored the copy I wanted to keep, and left them there. On the other hand if you don't have oodles of space to begin with, it can eat your disk for lunch.

If it is something or a process where one needs to keep all versions, one of the version control packages would be just the thing.

Again thanks for the warning about keeping check points by hand.
DBTsr

--
nil significat nisi oscillat