Side note:

Assume that your primary hard drive will fail. I have lost three hard drives in the last year (all the same brand, hmmmm) [two different computers at different sites].

So, if possible, set backups so that you have a copy on a physically different drive. I am current poking around to see what is needed to call a custom macro after a save event. The intent is to store a backup for a specific document on a USB key. I do not know much else about the requirement for this macro (since it is not my macro, I am just trying to figure out how to tie in as needed).

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php