On Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:58 AM
G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:13 -0400, David Teague wrote:
> > I have used many OO.o *pre betas* since 1.69.
> >                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > I have installed 113.

Roderick says:

> 1.1.4 is current. Is there some specific reason to use a deprecated
> release?

As I tried to say in my post -- probably confusingly,
certainly carelessly -- I have the *most recent pre-beta*,
OpenOffice.org 1.9.113, (I called it 113) installed,
*not* the deprecated release, 1.1.3.

You have good reason not to understand my version
information.

Please tell me how to set OpenOffice.org 1.9.113 so
that I can display small icons without text and with the
formatting tools.

I have a temporary fix: Since I have 109 (that is
OpenOffice.org 1.9.109) also installed, I have pointed
Windows to that as default for .odt documents until I
can find how to set 1.9.113 so I can get the formatting
tools annoyingly concealed by the default installation of
1.9.113.

BTW: In answer to your question, 1.1.3 is the default
OO.o on many Linux distributions, including the most
recent Ubuntu, 5.04 (released 5.04.2005) and Libranet
3.0 released at about the same time. You will still get
questions about that version.

David Teague,  http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
--
Sometimes I wonder whether the world is
being run by smart people who are putting