Dave 1.9m113 has been replaced this week with 1.9m118. Try it and see if
the problems goes away.

In the meantime, co check View > Toolbars to see if Standard and
Formatting are checked. If not check 'em. If yes, left click on the box
with the down arrow on the far right of each tool bar and select Visible
buttons for the menu, see what is selected and what is not and what is
checked. Check the missing ones.

Check Tools > Options OpenOffice.org > View for icon options.

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 10:22 -0400, David Teague wrote:
> On Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:58 AM
> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:13 -0400, David Teague wrote:
> > > I have used many OO.o *pre betas* since 1.69.
> > >                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > I have installed 113.
>
> Roderick says:
>
> > 1.1.4 is current. Is there some specific reason to use a deprecated
> > release?
>
> As I tried to say in my post -- probably confusingly,
> certainly carelessly -- I have the *most recent pre-beta*,
> OpenOffice.org 1.9.113, (I called it 113) installed,
> *not* the deprecated release, 1.1.3.
>
> You have good reason not to understand my version
> information.
>
> Please tell me how to set OpenOffice.org 1.9.113 so
> that I can display small icons without text and with the
> formatting tools.
>
> I have a temporary fix: Since I have 109 (that is
> OpenOffice.org 1.9.109) also installed, I have pointed
> Windows to that as default for .odt documents until I
> can find how to set 1.9.113 so I can get the formatting
> tools annoyingly concealed by the default installation of
> 1.9.113.
>
> BTW: In answer to your question, 1.1.3 is the default
> OO.o on many Linux distributions, including the most
> recent Ubuntu, 5.04 (released 5.04.2005) and Libranet
> 3.0 released at about the same time. You will still get
> questions about that version.
>
> David Teague,  http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt
> --
> Sometimes I wonder whether the world is
> being run by smart people who are putting
> us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.
>                                            --Mark Twain
> Clearly, it's the imbeciles. And they really mean it.
>                                            ---DBT

PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/