Hi Marilyn,

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 11:33 -0700, MARILYN LL READ wrote:
> I do not know much about computers as you can tell.

Not a problem, everybody is a beginner at some time.

> I have Open Office.org installed on my computer and I have also have
> been given through Dell a course in computers.  What I need is a
> course in word - how to everything and I do not know if Open
> Office.org has its own word program or if I use the one that came with
> my computer in conjunction with Open Office.org.

Yes OOo (OpenOffice.org) does include a word processing (what you call
word) program, it is called "Writer". It also has (amongst other
features) a spreadsheet program called "Calc", a presentation program
called "Impress" and a drawing program (not surprisingly) called "Draw".

I am not sure there is a tutorial available which will teach you
*everything* about using Writer, but there are some links to tutorials
here: http://support.openoffice.org and there is a lot of information
here:http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html that should
help to get you started.

> As you can see I really need your help!  Thank you  Marilyn

If you need more help or advice please reply to users@openoffice.org

Hope this helps.

Dave