I had no problem installing OpenOffice on my own computer (Windows XP).
However, I helped my son download the program on his computer (Windows 9)
It did not unzip and execute the file. It opened with the question
"choose which program to open this file" and gave a list of completely
un-related programs to open it. The only logical choice was Microsoft
Word. That doesn't work and the program was never installed. I deleted it
and downloaded it again but now it continues to try and open in Word. How
can I install the program on his computer? Could he be missing an unzip
utility? If so how can I install one for him? All I needed to do on my
computer was double click on the zip file and it installed beautifully.
Thanks for your help!!
Fred Winterling
[EMAIL PROTECTED]