Hi Veda,

You are probably using Open Office 1.1.something. The 1.1 series does
have limited database support. It can use dbase format databases
(check the Help files or go to documentation.openoffice.org for more
info.) It can also access other formats through drivers known as ODBC
or JDBC.

The new version which is currently being tested and refined is 2.0
which contains its own built in database program. You can download 2.0
from the openoffice web site. However, I have heard that the database
part is still quite unstable, so it may be worth waitng until the final
version of 2.0 comes out before the end of the year.

Keith

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates