instructions, that other subscribers have seen n number times before, I
will take it upon myself to try and help her off-list.

Dave

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 21:39 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello Dave Barton

Thank you for answering my call for help. I find myself in the situation of not knowing enough even to ask questions or understand some of your questions. Here I go. I used the address: www.openoffice.org, I followed what the instructions and now I have a nice new icon on my desktop, which when I click onto, I get a "box-like" picture with the heading: OOo_1.1.4_Win 32 Intel_Install. There's a picture of a folder in the white part of the box, apparently waiting for me to do something. Left side panel, under Details: the same letters and numbers as above with compressed (zipped) folder, Date Modified: August 18, 2005 1:05 AM, size 64.2 MB

As I said before, I'm new to computers. My Office 2003 was a 60 day free trail, which just expired. I was told, by some helpful friends that I would not need it. They , as well as I, did not know that the program had components that I do want.....power point slide viewer. That's when, yet another friend told me about OpenOffice.

What have I gotten myself into??
I appologize for all this trouble, but I still need your direction, please.

Jeannette
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Barton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 6:25 PM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 15:09 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
To Whom It May Concern:

Apparently I Downloaded your program last night.
Apparently? Did you download OpenOffice.org from here:
http://download.openoffice.org/1.1.4/index.html

The last instruction, from you, was to wait for an email, letting me
know my "password" and how to use your system.  As of yet, I have not
received anything from you.  I don't even know if the download was
successful, and if I am part of your set-up.
This doesn't sound right, because you don't need any password to install
or use OOo (OpenOffice.org). Tell us:
a) Where you downloaded the program from?
b) What is the name of the file you downloaded?
(Should be something like "OOo_1.9.122_Win32Intel_install.zip")
c) What is the size of the file you downloaded? (maybe 74.7Mb)

With this information we should be able to get you up and running.

 I'm fairly new to cyberspace stuff, so could use some help here.
Please let me know what, if anything, is going on.

Jeannette Hryhoriw
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
There are plenty of people here who can help you with OOo. You might
also like to check out the wealth of information available from:
http://support.openoffice.org/index.html

HTH
Dave