On Wednesday 31 August 2005 10:13 pm, Ed Herderick wrote:
> Hello, I am a new mac user and am trying to install open office on
> Mac OSX Tiger and when I go to install I get a message saying
> something about how open office won't run Xwindows and that if I
> switch that I might lose some functionality.  I wonder if you could
> shed some light on this.
>
> Thanks,
> Ed Herderick

From another member of this mailing list:
To run Open Office on a Mac you need to install X11 which you can
download from Apple's web site for free or install from your Tiger
DVD -- do a custom install and pick X11.  Before you do either of
those things -- goto www.neoffice,org and download a much more Mac
Like version of Open Office, the install is easier and the
application is much more "mac like" .

Have fun

Andy