Kelley,

You may not get any takers on sharing telephone numbers. This is a
mail support list that most folks support when they have a moment
convenient to them.

Share with us where you downloaded from, what your OS is (XP Home or
Linspire or ...), and you should get some support here (like what the
downloaded filename was and how to find it and install it).

The file you should have downloaded is rather larger (~65 MBytes) and
is a full MS Office suite "replacement" In this suite is the program
Impress which is "mostly" compatible with PowerPoint.  None of the
suite elements is available as a smaller stand-alone program.

If the class is specifically training you on how to use PowerPoint,
you probably need PowerPoint. The user interfaces aren't identical. On
the other hand, I've viewed a lot of PP presentations on Impress and
vis-versa, but be aware that these programs aren't perfectly
compatible. It is a very serviceable presentation developer, where you
can save in a MS compatible format, but if you get very fancy not all
features may "play" the same on both programs.