Christof Petig wrote:
Hi,

The thing preventing us to use 2.0 is the inability to use any
quickstart facility on linux. I do not ask for a nice working GUI, I ask
for a basic working command line argument/flag combination. [Adapting
ooqstart is trivial to me]

Does anybody know the 2.0 equivalent to:

  ooffice -quickstart  [_no_ window appears, but OOo is loaded]
  oowriter some.doc    [uses existing instance and opens document]

?

Yours
    Christof

PS: Not having a decent bug report mechanism (OOo's bugzilla is dead)
leaves a really bad taste, or did I overlook something.

Funny that you say this. I just opened OOo as a test and found that it opened in about 4 seconds. I also found this last night on the laptop at home. All machines have at least 1 gig ram.

In both cases it was with the latest kernel upgrade.
2.6.13-1.1532_FC4

I am using Fedora Core 4 on an older Pentium processor. How fast do you want it to open? I don't know about you but 4 sec isn't that long.

If you need it faster, why not put OOo in the autostart of your desktop? Or write a cron job to make sure it is running?

PS. I do agree with the comment about bugzilla. If you don't know all the different terms, finding or reporting a bug is a real pain.

--
Robin Laing