On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 11:00 +0200, Henk ter Heide wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last week I posted (at least, so I hope) a question about the autofilter in
> Calc. Since then I received hundreds of messages but no answer to my
> question. The problem is that when I apply autofilter it only works on part
> of the data, i.e., those that were originally entered in Excel on another
> computer before I copied the file to this computer. It does not filter the
> new data I added after copying the file to this computer and opening it
> (this computer not having Excel) with Calc. All cells have the same format,
> i.e. text in the case of the columns I want filtered. Since filtering
> spreadsheets is one of the most important things I want to do with
> OpenOffice I will be most thankful for any advice.

The autofilter is "intelligent" in that unless you select the
required data to be worked on, it will choose the first
non-contiguous block. That is, it will choose the data from the
first row down to the first blank row. If you have data below
that blank row, you need to select it to be filtered.

Alternatively, you should try the standard filter.

Regards
Jonathon