Hi Jim,

Jim Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

> Dave Barton wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 17:52 -0600, Judy Pratt wrote:

[...]

> When is this thread going to die?  It seems to have been going on,
> with  varying subjects, for several weeks now.
>
> Maybe someone could at least point out to people that they ought not
> to  bring up a new topic by replying to an ongoing thread?
>
> And maybe put in a different subject header, if only with a "was"?

It looks, like your email-client is doing the sorting / threading of the
mails by the topic and not the specific number, that each email have. In
my mail-client, this emails start everytime a new thread.

It looks like someone had the (good) idea to mention, that the user
should give a summary, but different people seem, that they don't see
this line and do not add the summary, so they all have the same "topic"
"YOU MUST GIVE A SUMMARY HERE".

These people are often new to computers, so please, don't be to angry
about them. And I bet, that they are not replying to any former emails,
because most of them are not subscribed to the mailing-list (have a look
at the headers, when you see something like "delivered to moderator",
you know, that they are no subscribers).

Sigrid