On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 22:17 -0600, Jim Wagner wrote:
> When is this thread going to die?  It seems to have been going on,
> with varying subjects, for several weeks now.
>
> Maybe someone could at least point out to people that they ought not
> to bring up a new topic by replying to an ongoing thread?
>
> And maybe put in a different subject header, if only with a "was"?
>
> JimW

Jim,

It's not a thread. Each one is a new post is from a non-subscribed user.
Go to http://www.openoffice.org/contact.html and click the "mailto" link
at the end of the line that reads: "If you have questions relating to
the use OpenOffice.org the product, send your question to" and you will
see where this originates from. Unfortunately, must people using this
link do not do as asked and leave the subject line unchanged. If you
look back in the archives, you will see a proposal I put forward for a
mail form which would have eliminated this issue. I can only propose, I
am not empowered to make the change.

Strangely enough, your post was also submitted as a non-subscribed user,
so I guess you are reading the list postings through another means (eg.
newsgroup). In which case you possibly don't get to see the full message
header.

I hope this provides an insight into this issue for you.

Dave

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.