Ross,

As for my file, it is a list of prices for the products in my company. The original file was 388k. It is a small file. I do have colors that vary from one column to another.

As for my memory, I have 1GB plus 128MB. I have NeoOffice, Apple Mail, iTunes, and a msall utility or two.

I seem to have enough memory.

I just saved the file in questions.  It takes 3 minutes.

Ideas?

Joe