On 18/03/2006, at 7:57 AM, Johnny Andersson wrote:

Hi!

Someone sent me a ppt file and when I look at it with OOo Impress, it look OK, BUT it seems like all of the text is in English (Format - Characters - Font - Language), but all the text is in Swedish. This cause every word to be shown as wrong spelled. So I need to change all the characters of the file to Swedish. The text is located in different text boxes so I can't just highlight all the text with Ctrl-A. I am talking about maybe 50 text boxes or so on 27 pages. Is there an easy way, except writing a macro, to change all of the text in that document to Swedish? Of course I could just turn the spell checker off, but I want to use the spell checker also, since I know some words here and there are wrong spelled too...

Does anyone even understand what I am talking about here...? =)

So:
1. Someone created this ppt file and typed it in Swedish. The file was then sent to me, and I am free to do what I want with it. 2. OOo Impress thinks it is written in English, therefor the spell checker doesn't work properly. Most words are shown as wrong spelled. 3. Tools - Options - Language: Everything is set to Swedish, which is what I want. 4. Format - Characters - Font - Language shows English for all text in all text boxes. I want this to be set to Swedish. I have already set it to Swedish in a few text boxes, and those boxes now work the way I want them to, but there are SO many more text boxes to work with. 5. I can't highlight all text of the file at the same time, as far as I know, since the text is located in many small text boxes.

So the question is:
How can I change Format - Characters - Font - Language for every single character in the file with as few steps as possible?

Hi Johnny,

If you have a look in the Styles and Formatting window (F11) you will probably find that most of the text is of the same style such as "Default" or "Text Body" styles. Modify the appropriate style to change the language and all the text should change then.

Regards
Jonathon