Hello -- I just installed Openoffice and Writer and Calc run fine but I can't
get Base to run. I get the error message: "The connection to the data source
"New Database" (or whatever name I give it) could not be established" Then
there is a line : java/sql/Savepoint.  I seem to have Java on my Win 2000 PC.
Base is the reason I installed Openoffice. I'm considering a Mac in the future
and want use MS-Access files between home and work. Thank you.

Gary Gilligan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

613-947-9019
Fax / Télécopieur : 613-947-0912

Statistical Officer
National Forestry Database Program (NFDP)
Canadian Forest Service
Natural Resources Canada
580 8-C6-1 Booth Street
Ottawa ON Canada K1A 0E4

Agent des statistiques
Programme national de données sur les forêts (PNDF)
Service canadien des forêts
Ressources naturelles Canada
580 8-C6-1 rue Booth
Ottawa ON Canada K1A 0E4