William Case wrote:
Hi;

Just need a couple of suggestions.

I am using Data ==> Validity ==> Criteria ==> Cell range ==> Range_name.

1) Within the Range_name is a blank/empty cell I included on purpose.  I
want the user to be able to change his/her mind and replace a previous
choice with a blank.  Just leaving the cell in the Range_name blank
doesn't work.  How do I set it up?  Should I use a function in the blank
cell? If so, which one? Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

The blank entry is at the end of the list, when "Sort Entries" is set.
Anyway, the user can remove the content of the cell hitting the backspace key, even if "Allow Empty Cells" is unset. Validity does not prevent any changes except edit mode (try paste, delete contents..., backspace).

I have set the formatting in both the Range_name and the input cell to
'Text'.  Does that help or hinder?

Formatting of the source-list does not change anything.

2) Once one element of the Range_name has been input I want to eliminate
it from the drop down list for the next input in the column.  I can
think of several ways I might set this up by filtering to different
Range_name2, or using conditionals or lookups.  Does anyone have any
suggestions before I waste time experimenting?

=IF(N(MATCH(List;Input;0));List;"")
I use Fedora Core 5 and OOo 2.0.2.
I have searched Help but didn't get any leads.