Hi.
On 22/08/2006, at 16:15, Mhac Janapin wrote:

I was trying to copy and paste hebrew scriptures from BibleTime (KDE app w/ eSword as backend). [1] However, the characters would not show up in OOo Writer.[2]

I don't know BibleTime (I don't use KDE), but I do use Hebrew all the time.
A few general thins to check:
1) That you have Hebrew fonts installed and recognized by OpenOffice/
2) That you have turned on Hebrew support in OpenOffice (under tools-- options--languages and mark "enable CTL") 3) Make sure that are running under a unicode locale. To check your locale: open a terminal window, and type the command
locale
make sure that the output includes utf-8 options (and not for example "posix"). 4) Does pasting Hebrew from Firefox work? For example, from my website? (url in sig).

On cavet- although OpenOffice works great with modern Hebrew, it has a few issues with biblical Hebrew (vowel placement under linux isn't optimal)

---
Shoshannah Forbes
http://www.xslf.com