Larry Gusaas wrote:

On 24 Aug 2006 at 20:29, Jack Gates wrote:

On Thursday 24 August 2006 03:40, Angelo Camillos wrote:
I have created a web page in writer but when I generate the html all
objects and text relocate themselves and buttons that I have created
on the page, which also relocate themselves loose their http
reference and become useless.
---clip---
For starters you are better off not using Writer to create web pages.

I agree totally. Writer is practically useless for producing W3C compliant code.

One exception, of course: if you already have a formatted Writer document, and you want to put it on the web, the Writer HTML support at least makes a beginning. (But it could be much better, properly reflecting Writer styles as HTML classes and CSS styles; I've had that in Issuezilla for yonks.) I've got a couple of edited 18th- and 19th-century theatre texts that started out their on-line lives that way.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres