RBL wrote:
Ever since I installed OOo 2, I have been having odd problems with spell check. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the problem only got worse.

Here are the symptoms:

* Turning off check spelling as you type only lasts for the session. When I reboot later. the feature is again enabled. (This was the initial problem.)

* The standard dictionary never remembers words I tell it to add. I can check a document, add words to the std dict, and recheck the document -- and the words are flagged again.

* The thesaurus never has a suggested word. I fixed this by reinstalling the dictionaries.

Any suggestions?

Is this utter lack of response the great online support that OOo evangelists so highly tout?

I have been trying to find an answer to this problem for weeks, but can't find a solution anywhere, including here.

Time to click "uninstall" -- because a word processor that can't do spell check or thesaurus is brain dead.