Terrance,

The point I was making was that there are other factors at work that limit adoption of the best solution, OOo. My boss sees no need to change. MS Office is what he is used to and has and has no reason to change. Since he is the boss, he makes sure that MS Office is on all the PC's when he orders them. So moving others
to OOo is a bit of an uphill battle at best.

I cannot beat him over the head with cost savings since he has MS Office on the machines already. Superior performance won't do it either as MS Word does what he needs well enough and he is used to it and there is a cost in effort to switch. ODF won' do it as everyone he exchanges files with uses Word.

Any other motivators that I can use?

Ross Bernheim