Fred,

Many find it 'difficult' to move from a tool that they are familiar with and
comfortable using. It also takes time and effort to learn something new.

In order for these people to change, the thing that they are changing to
has to be not just a bit better, but significantly better in some way that is meaningful to them personally in order to justify the time and effort.
OOo for many is just not there yet.

For many of us, it is sufficiently better in some way that is meaningful
to us to justify the effort to move to OOo from whatever we were using.

Ross