I see. I create booklets with an application called FinePrint (it appears as
a printer in the print dialog), which also allows me to save as jpeg, tiff,
bmp etc instead of printing. It also allow me to print upto 8 pages on the
same page (which indeed makes the text really small, but it works...).

Regards

Johnny

2006/9/25, Jo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Johnny Andersson wrote:
> By the way, when do I need Publisher? What can it do that Word can not?
> had MS Office 97 installed on my PC in 1999 and I used Publisher and
Word
> sometimes, but everything I did with Publisher was possible to do with
> Word
> too, the big difference for me at that time was that the Publisher files
> were much bigger which was a big issue for me back then when the HDDs
> were
> much smaller than today and 3½" diskettes and 100 MB Zip drives were
> still
> frequently used by some people, including me.
At a certain point in time Publisher allowed me to create 'booklets'.
The pages were printed on A4-paper, then plied into a A5 (half of A4)
book.

Publisher was more 'page oriented', Word was more text oriented.

If I had been using Linux at the time, maybe I could have done it
differently. Now I would use OOo or Scribus to accomplish such a task.

Jo